Courtney focuses her practice on both commercial and consumer bankruptcy, insolvency, and related litigation. Her practice primarily encompasses representation of individuals and small businesses in bankruptcy reorganizations and liquidations, with a large part of her practice focused on non-judicial workouts. Courtney’s practice includes representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial or consumer bankruptcy adversary matters. Courtney’s practice further encompasses representation of post-confirmation plan agents, trustees, and reorganization officers in accordance with the orderly liquidation and administration of post-confirmation bankruptcy estates.
Courtney is from Indianapolis and graduated from North Central High School. She received her B.S. in Business from the Krannert School of Business at Purdue University. Courtney earned her J.D. from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan in 2006. Courtney has two Labrador Retrievers, Gus and Oliver, whom she rescued from local pet rescue organizations. While Gus and Oliver are a handful to say the least, they are an absolute joy to her.
Courtney is a volunteer for the American Cancer Society (Road to Recovery Program), through which she drives patients fighting all forms of cancer to and from treatments and doctor appointments – a cause very dear to her heart.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School - Lansing (J.D. , 2006)
- Purdue University - Lafayette (B.S. in Business, 2002 )
Professional and Civic Associations
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Vice President (2016)
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Chair Elect for Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights Section (2016)
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member at Large for Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights Section
- Member of Class XI of The Bar Leader Series
- Rising Star, Indiana Super Lawyers©, 2012 - 2016
- Pro Bono Panel for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Licensed in the State of Indiana, 2007
- United States Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2007
- United States Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2007